Collaborative Conflict Resolution is designed to help participants constructively handle inevitable conflicts. It explores the causes of conflict and helps improve participants’ ability to use a range of conflict management styles.
Tools are provided and practiced to demonstrate how to create and maintain a spirit of collaboration even during conflict. Participants explore and experience both personal and group dynamics related to conflict. A strong foundation is built with theory and opportunities to apply information to actual conflict situations.
- Explore theoretical and practical information about conflict
- Discuss and understand the major causes of conflict
- Assess preferred conflict management style
- Describe and use a 6-step process for resolving conflict
- Practice working on individual, team and customer-related conflict situations
- Create norms and strategies to respond effectively in conflict situations, including working with difficult people
This course uses a highly interactive teaching style, combining discussions of relevant theory and principles with experiential activities to create a rich and engaging learning environment.
- Conflict Styles: determining our preferred conflict styles
- Levels of Conflict: ranging from intrapersonal to inter-organizational
- TripleWin Relationship Model: Compete, Coexist, Coordinate, Collaborate
- Causes of Conflict: Fact, Method/Process, Objectives/Goals, Values
- Practice Conflict Situations: use conflict situations to apply theory and models
- Strategies for Managing Conflict: win-lose, lose-lose, win-win
- Process for Addressing Conflict: 6-step process model
- Guidelines for Conflict Resolution: guidelines for before, during and after conflicts are addressed
- Conflict Scenarios: examples and actual situations