Relationship-based Coaching introduces tools and skills to prepare participants for a wide-range of coaching opportunities. Participants of all skill levels benefit from this 16-hour course. They improve their understanding and ability to coach one-on-one, in small groups and at the team level. The key aspects of a well-defined and proven coaching process are explored and a variety of coaching practice sessions allow for skill building. Essential skills of listening, questioning, advising, challenging and feedback are practiced.
- Recognize behaviors that make coaching effective or ineffective
- Identify opportunities to coach others
- Assess current coaching style
- Practice coaching skills in one-on-one and team situations
- Develop skills for coaching in all types of coaching situations
This course uses a highly interactive teaching style, combining practice sessions with relevant theory and principles to make a rich and engaging learning environment.
- Coaching Pre-Assessment: self assessment of current coaching approach
- Coaching Theory: what it is, basic rules, benefits, functions of coaching, practice session
- Coaching Model: Initiate, Discuss, Plan, Implement, Follow-up
- TripleWin Relationship Model: Compete, Coexist, Coordinate, Collaborate
- Coaching Skills Assessment: evaluation of the interpersonal skills and approach used by effective coaches
- Essential Coaching Skills: listening, questioning, advising, challenging, providing feedback, removing blocks to coaching
- Practice Sessions
- Accountability: using an accountability agreement in coaching situations