Performance Feedback, provides leadership skill training to both experienced and inexperienced leaders. The course focuses on using feedback to get outstanding results. Participants learn to deliver three types of feedback: Corrective, Constructive and Complimentary. The over arching course goal is to create and nurture a high performance culture by assuring people know how they are performing – reinforcing the right behaviors and correcting the ones that need to change. The principles of effective feedback are reviewed and practice sessions improve delivery skills. Participants are encouraged to use course time to practice actual feedback situations.
- Improve ability to build a performance-based culture
- Increase competence in delivering different types of performance feedback
This course uses a highly interactive teaching style, combining discussions of relevant theory and principles with self assessments and practice simulations to create a rich and engaging learning environment.
- Feedback & Accountability: connecting feedback and accountability
- Personal Feedback Experiences: reflecting on personal experiences
- Effective Feedback, Do’s and Don’ts: review of the principles of effective feedback and common pitfalls
- Performance Graph: how to build a performance-driven culture
- Goals of Performance Feedback: why focus on feedback
- Setting the Right Environment: role of trust, honesty, performance expectations and win-win approach
- Self Assessment Part 1: personal performance assessment on providing feedback
- Definitions: defining Corrective, Constructive and Complimentary Feedback
- Corrective Feedback: purpose, definition, common mistakes, process steps, practice session
- Constructive Feedback: purpose, definition, common mistakes, process steps, practice session
- Complimentary Feedback: purpose, definition, common mistakes, process steps, practice session
- Self Assessment Part 2: content review and self assessment