Understanding Stress, provides an environment for discussing stress – the causes, the impact and various ways to effectively manage stressful situations. It introduces stress theory in a manner that helps participants explore their own life and professional situations. Participants can immediately apply the course content. A stress assessment tool is provided.
- Define stress and describe it’s impacts
- Appraise current lifestyle habits and their relationship to stress
- Describe the symptoms of excessive stress
- Determine the relationship of stress to work performance and productivity
- Explore the stages of stress and how to respond to each stage
- Use a stress assessment to determine current level of stress
- Create an action plan of strategies to improve current lifestyle habits that create stress
This course uses a highly interactive teaching style, combining group discussions with relevant theory and assessments to make a rich and engaging learning environment.
- Appraisal of Lifestyle Habits: simple self assessment
- Stress theory: stress quadrants, response to stress, symptoms of excessive stress, impact on performance, stages of distress
- Stress Assessment: comprehensive self assessment
- Action Planning: typical errors, steps to less stress, suggestions, ideas for helping others